What we do
The Central Coast Marketing Team is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit consortium of local governments, business entities, funders and public utilities that coordinate to attract and grow businesses in the Central Coast of California. We coordinate regional events and share trade show, trade mission and other business outreach effort costs. CCMT has successfully secured new investment in our region from local, regional, statewide, national and international interests.
- City of Marina
- City of Salinas
- City of Seaside
- County of Monterey
- Monterey Bay Economic Partnership
- Pacific Gas And Electric
Membership Features & Benefits
CCMT Membership Features & Benefits include:
- features in CCMT marketing materials and collateral;
- trade show registration and travel support;
- participation in foreign trade missions and hosting opportunities;
Perhaps most importantly, regularly attending our monthly meetings provides an opportunity to engage with a team of regional economic development professionals focused on attracting jobs and investment to the California Central Coast. This professional network extends local efforts and provides a productive forum for regional collaboration.
Trade Shows/Trade Missions
The Central Coast Marketing Team sends members to target industry trade shows to network and recruit new business and investment interest in the Monterey Bay area and broader Central Coast region. Past events have helped member jurisdictions land at least 9 new businesses since 2009, creating over 450 new jobs on the Central Coast. Some of the trade shows we attend include:
- Medical Device and Design
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Pack West
- Fancy Foods
- BioTechnology (Bio)
- NCIA Business Summit
Each year we review our regional target industries and identify relevant trade shows.
Occasionally, CCMT participates in international trade missions with some of our partner organizations, like the California Sunshine Regional Center – an EB-5 Regional Center with expertise in finding direct foreign investment from China, Brazil, Argentina, Germany and India.
- In 2014, CCMT participated in a trade mission to Shanghai, Quonghai City and Haikko China. So far, this one trade mission has resulted in over $30M of investment in the Central Coast.
- In 2017, CCMT participated in a trade mission with the California State University, Monterey Bay to Costa Rica focused on sustainable and eco-friendly hospitality. The group learned a great deal and at least two members are working with hotel developers and operator connections that were made on this trip. We are confident that this trip will result in at least one eco-resort on the Central Coast!
GoBiz – the Big Net
CCMT members also receive Requests for Information (RFI) that come through GoBiz – California Governor’s Office of Economic Development. RFI come from companies world-wide that are seeking locations in California. This GoBiz RFI process has allowed members to recruit several new businesses and with CCMT assistance including:
- The new FedEx sort facility in Watsonville – located
- Applied Motion Technologies – located
- Monterey Pasta – located
- A major cosmetic company from France
- A tech company from China
- A language company from Silicon Valley
- An airplane manufacturer
- And more to come!
CCMT holds meetings on the 4th Wednesday of each month . Joining CCMT provides opportunities to learn early of regional business retention, expansion and recruitment opportunities – and provides an opportunity for members to work together to solve problems. The core group includes seasoned economic developers, real-estate experts, financing experts, public utilities and creative thinkers working daily to solve regional issues.
Membership Documents and Payment
CCMT’s Annual Dues are as follows:
City or Single Business/Non-Profit $2,500
Bank or other Financial Institution $5,000
Public Utility $10,000
Email us today to learn more about CCMT and find out how we can help you create a stronger local economy!